Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Daniel had a good day and is preparing for surgery tomorrow on his right foot. The docs hope to close up his wound but will determine if the swelling has gone down enough to sew his skin together. Hopefully this will be Daniels last surgery, but we want be sure until tomorrow. I flew in this afternoon, and found Daniel how I expected: cutting up and giving the nurses hell. If his wounds weren't so evident you would think he was in the hospital nursing a cold. Make no mistake he's in a lot of pain, but he handles it great!

10 days ago I don't think anyone knew how this would work out and even now there are questions that remain, but at the end of the day he's still Daniel and I don't know why there was ever a doubt of how he would react to this situation!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brother Luckett,

I was finally able to make it on and see your updates. You're in my thoughts and prayers everyday bro, and I can't tell you how happy and proud it makes me to hear how well you are doing. You have never ceased to amaze me in anything you do, and you've sure surpassed even yourself this time. Keep your head up and your mind strong and I know there is nothing in this world that can beat Daniel Luckett. Miss talking to you brother, and I'll try to call your cell as soon as the situation over here allows. God speed and good luck!

In The Heart

Steve Griffin
Auburn Class '05
griffsj@gmail.com