Thursday, May 15, 2008

I spoke with D last night and he didn't give me much new material to post.

He is ready for Friday to get here so he can fly back to the states. We talked about Coach Tuberville coming to Germany Monday with Mark Richt, Randy Shannon and Charlie Weis to visit the troops. He said he would like to see the coach's but would rather get the hell home!

He's been resting in his room reading which by the way doesn't have a tv? Anyway, he's doing a lot better than anyone could have possibly hoped for. He is more upset about leaving his platoon than anything else.

Daniel just got a platoon leader slot two weeks ago. Anyone who has ever served with Daniel knows he's got a special talent for leading troops. He has a way to make soldiers go and do things they normally wouldn't. This is a special gift that few officers posses and makes him a hell of an Infantry LT.

We use to joke that his leadership skills and his ability to B.S. out of any situation would surely make him a General one day. I don't think that this set back will keep him from continuing to be a great officer and doing whatever he desires with his career!

No doubt the enemy dealt us a big blow by taking Daniel out of the fight, but I'm sure the coward who planted that IED will pay in time!

2 comments:

Abra said...

"No doubt the enemy dealt us a big blow by taking Daniel out of the fight, but I'm sure the coward who planted that IED will pay in time!"

Hell yes. This is perfect.

Jep, I don't know you, but you're awesome.

Daniel, I do know you, and you're beyond awesome. I'm thinking about you practically every moment of every day and I can't wait to see how you turn this into a positive experience. You're a great role model and I am proud to know you.

-Abra

Alanna said...

Jep, thanks for keeping us all posted. Julia Mote and myself (Alanna) live together in Northwest DC - (we went to high school with Daniel) and we'd love to visit him while he's in Walter Reed - if possible, so please keep us updated on whether he can have visitors. Thanks so much! And Daniel, hang in there, buddy - thinking of you.